Home » About » Careers »
The Commercial Lines Account Administrator will be responsible for the mid-term changes to the accounts as well as the preparation and issuance of Certificates of insurance and Liability slips. The role requires the Account Administrator to assist the Account Manager with the delivery of seamless service to the clients.
Preparation of Documents
- Update underwriting information on TAM in a timely and efficient manner
- Prepare pre-renewal client material
- Arrange insurance binders & liability certificates
- Issue certificates of insurance
- Prepare customer invoices, billing material, and all other corresponding documentation, as required
- Organize premium financing quotes & contracts
- Issue requests to insurers for policy changes & endorsements
- Order, check & issue endorsements
- Respond to client inquiries & requests in a timely and efficient manner, providing unrivaled customer service
- Maintain and update underwriting information on a consistent basis, ensuring all information is accurate
- Back-up coverage at Reception
- Develop relationships and correspond with commercial insurance underwriters
- Actively participate in continued learning programs or training
- Perform other specific duties or functions, as required
- Attend company functions
- Assist with receivables
- Adherence to department workflows
- Adherence to department service standards to clients, employees & vendors
Core Competency Standards:
- ACCURACY AND ATTENTION TO DETAIL – Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- COMMUNICATION – Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken and written word. Ability to actively attend to, convey, and understand the comments and questions of others.
- CONFIDENTIALITY – Ability to maintain strict confidentiality in accordance with MAGNES privacy guidelines for client and employee information, as well as proprietary information.
- CUSTOMER-ORIENTED – Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures.
- RELIABILITY – The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
- TEAMWORK – Ability to be part of a team and work cohesively to achieve goals.
- TIME MANAGEMENT – Ability to utilize the available time to organize and follow a systematic
method of prioritizing tasks in order to complete work within given deadlines.
- PROFESSIONALISM – Represent MAGNES professionally both internally and externally at all times.
- INITIATIVE – Ability to make decisions or take actions to solve a problem or reach a goal.
- SELF-MOTIVATED – Ability to be internally inspired to perform a task to the best of one’s ability using his or her own drive or initiative.
- RESPONSIBLE – Ability to be held accountable or answerable for one’s conduct.
- RESPECT – Values the backgrounds, experiences, opinions, feelings, and the contribution of everyone in the course of delivering our services.
- INTEGRITY – Recognizes that building trust demands honesty. Displays a commitment to doing what we promise. Ability to be truthful and be seen as honest and credible in the workplace.
- INNOVATION – Constantly strives to improve both our culture and the value proposition to our customers by searching for better solutions, processes, and tools.
Job Specific Competency Standards:
- ANALYTICAL SKILLS – Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- ASSERTIVENESS – Ability to act in a self-confident manner to facilitate the completion of a work assignment or to defend a position or idea.
- CONFLICT RESOLUTION – Ability to deal with others in an antagonistic situation.
- CONSENSUS BUILDING – Ability to bring about group solidarity to achieve a goal.
- EMPATHETIC – Ability to appreciate and be sensitive to the feelings of others.
- PROBLEM-SOLVING – Detects potential problems at an early stage and seeks to solve them before they escalate. Uses analytical skills and creativity to solve problems. Knows when to ask for assistance or advice. Utilizes the available resources or the company.
- RELATIONSHIP BUILDING – Ability to effectively build relationships with customers, suppliers, and co-workers.
- WORKING UNDER PRESSURE – Ability to be flexible and complete assigned tasks under stressful situations in a professional manner.
Skills & Qualifications
- Education – Post-secondary degree preferred.
- Languages – English required and the ability to speak French would be considered an asset.
- License & Certification – RIBO license required. CAIB, CIP & CRM would be considered an asset.
- Industry Experience – Minimum one year of industry experience.
- Computer Skills – Proficiency in TAM, advanced MS Office & Excel skills.
- Other Technical Skills – Working experience of Compuquote & Company Portals is a definite asset.
- Salary Range Guideline
- Bonus Incentives
- Vacation Days
- Personal Days & Birthday
- Sick Days
- Education Reimbursement
- Group Benefits Plan
- Recruiting Referral Fees
- Registered Retirement Savings & Pension Pan
About The Magnes Group
The Magnes Group Inc is one of Canada’s leading independent insurance brokerages. Magnes has unique commercial insurance expertise in several industry niche markets, as well as private client insurance and corporate group benefits consulting. Magnes offers specialized services ranging from global insurance placement to innovative risk management strategies.
Magnes is licensed nationally across Canada with offices in Oakville, Toronto, Vancouver, and Montreal. Magnes is also proud to be a member of the exclusive Assurex Global Network. Our clients benefit from strategic international partnerships with the ability to “think globally and act locally”.
Magnes proudly employs some of the best insurance professionals in the business. Our team consists of a dynamic group of individuals, including some of the brightest minds in risk management. Our vision is to be a “magnetic” organization that naturally attracts and retains the very best-in-class of clients, suppliers, partners, and most importantly, our employees.