Home » About » Careers »
The Claims Account Manager will be responsible for the entire claims cycle for our clients. From the reporting, follow-up, and advocacy on the claim through to the fair and equitable settlement. In addition, the Claims Account Manager is responsible for maintaining all the records, summaries, and activities in a timely and accurate manner.
- Handle and respond to all incoming Commercial Lines claims calls in a professional and efficient
- Council clients on claims scenario’s, walking them through the procedure and providing support
- Develop strong communication lines keeping all account managers informed throughout the claims
- Represent and act as an advocate on behalf of our clients
- Submit claims to companies for processing in a timely manner
- Proactively follow up for adjustor information
- Proactively follow up on opening and closing notices
- Tireless follow up with clients to ensure expectations are exceeded, providing an unrivaled
customer service experience
- Escalate claims when required
- Assist in providing support to clients, completing claims paperwork when necessary
- Maintain daily/monthly reports in order to assess claims service from companies
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with claims departments, maximizing productivity
Managing the Claims Process
- Ensure that claims are reported to the appropriate carriers on a timely manner
- Ensure that adjusters’ contact information is sourced and forwarded to the clients as it is received
- Follow up with the client to ensure the claim is progressing in a fast and efficient manner
- Lobby and advocate on behalf of the client for the fairest and most equitable settlement
- Prepare claims summary and other material as may be required for the proper servicing of the account
- Maintain accurate and timely records for all claims
- Participate in conference calls with and on behalf of clients
- Help to develop and utilize analytical tools which track trends in claims
- Maintain ongoing working knowledge of all available carriers and products
- Actively participate in continued learning programs or training
- Attend company functions
- Develop relationships and correspond with insurers, adjusters, risk managers
- Adherence to department workflows
- Adherence to department service standards to clients, employees & vendors
Core Competency Standards:
- ACCURACY AND ATTENTION TO DETAIL – Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- COMMUNICATION – Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken and written word. Ability to actively attend to, convey, and understand the comments and questions of others.
- CONFIDENTIALITY – Ability to maintain strict confidentiality in accordance with MAGNES privacy guidelines for client and employee information, as well as proprietary information.
- CUSTOMER-ORIENTED – Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures.
- RELIABILITY – The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
- TEAMWORK – Ability to be part of a team and work cohesively to achieve goals.
- TIME MANAGEMENT – Ability to utilize the available time to organize and follow a systematic
method of prioritizing tasks in order to complete work within given deadlines.
- PROFESSIONALISM – Represent MAGNES professionally both internally and externally at all times.
- INITIATIVE – Ability to make decisions or take actions to solve a problem or reach a goal.
- SELF-MOTIVATED – Ability to be internally inspired to perform a task to the best of one’s ability using his or her own drive or initiative.
- RESPONSIBLE – Ability to be held accountable or answerable for one’s conduct.
- RESPECT – Values the backgrounds, experiences, opinions, feelings, and the contribution of everyone in the course of delivering our services.
- INTEGRITY – Recognizes that building trust demands honesty. Displays a commitment to doing what we promise. Ability to be truthful and be seen as honest and credible in the workplace.
- INNOVATION – Constantly strives to improve both our culture and the value proposition to our customers by searching for better solutions, processes, and tools.
Job Specific Competency Standards:
- ANALYTICAL SKILLS – Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- ASSERTIVENESS – Ability to act in a self-confident manner to facilitate the completion of a work assignment or to defend a position or idea.
- CONFLICT RESOLUTION – Ability to deal with others in an antagonistic situation.
- CONSENSUS BUILDING – Ability to bring about group solidarity to achieve a goal.
- EMPATHETIC – Ability to appreciate and be sensitive to the feelings of others.
- NEGOTIATION SKILLS – Ability to reach outcomes that gain the support and acceptance of all parties.
- PROBLEM-SOLVING – Detects potential problems at an early stage and seeks to solve them before they escalate. Uses analytical skills and creativity to solve problems. Knows when to ask for assistance or advice. Utilizes the available resources or the company.
- PRODUCT & MARKET KNOWLEDGE – Understanding and awareness of products and services offered, not only by Magnes but also by competitors. Takes the time to understand customer needs and is able to match products and services to those customer needs. Up to date on current industry changes.
- RELATIONSHIP BUILDING – Ability to effectively build relationships with customers, suppliers, and co-workers.
- WORKING UNDER PRESSURE – Ability to be flexible and complete assigned tasks under stressful situations in a professional manner.
Skills & Qualifications
- Education – University degree preferred
- Languages – English required and the ability to speak French would be considered an asset.
- License & Certification – RIBO license required. CAIB, CIP & CRM would be considered an asset.
- Industry Experience – Minimum five years of industry experience.
- Computer Skills – Proficiency in TAM, advanced MS Office & Excel skills.
- Other Technical Skills – Working experience of Compuquote & Company Portals is a definite asset.
- Salary Range Guideline
- Bonus Incentives
- Vacation Days
- Personal Days & Birthday
- Sick Days
- Education Reimbursement
- Group Benefits Plan
- Recruiting Referral Fees
- Registered Retirement Savings & Pension Pan
About The Magnes Group
The Magnes Group Inc is one of Canada’s leading independent insurance brokerages. Magnes has unique commercial insurance expertise in several industry niche markets, as well as private client insurance and corporate group benefits consulting. Magnes offers specialized services ranging from global insurance placement to innovative risk management strategies.
Magnes is licensed nationally across Canada with offices in Oakville, Toronto, Vancouver, and Montreal. Magnes is also proud to be a member of the exclusive Assurex Global Network. Our clients benefit from strategic international partnerships with the ability to “think globally and act locally”.
Magnes proudly employs some of the best insurance professionals in the business. Our team consists of a dynamic group of individuals, including some of the brightest minds in risk management. Our vision is to be a “magnetic” organization that naturally attracts and retains the very best-in-class of clients, suppliers, partners, and most importantly, our employees.