Home » About » Careers »
The main objective of the Personal Lines Service Manager is to plan, direct, coach or coordinate supportive services of the Personal Lines Department. Directly supervise and lead staff in the area of service and administration, in accordance with the organization’s goals and culture.
- Promote and implement career path development within the organization
- Promote the client experience by implementing service standards and to promote accountability for the service standards, quality of work, and key performance goals within the team
- Continuously search for better practices, analyze and revise procedures, and maximize efficiencies and productivity within the context of Magnes workflows
- Promote efficient and effective communication within the department and across the organization, including regular meetings with staff
- Implement performance goals, ensuring that all targets are met relating to retention
- Develop a positive team environment allowing for two-way dialog, and managing employee
complaints and other related issues in a diplomatic, strategic manner
- Act as a role model, instilling the organization’s core values, culture, and goals
- Work in conjunction with Human Resources Manager in the talent management process, conducting interviews, training, and development
- Implement an annual Performance Management Plan (PMP) for all direct reports
- Act as the main point of contact for insurer issues, ensuring effective communication between Magnes team and underwriters
- Work in conjunction with Senior Management in developing department production forecasts and managing department expense budget
- Develop and manage relationships with underwriters and regional underwriting managers
- Ensure all direct reports are adhering to established workflows and Magnes business procedures
- Manage complaints and problems of internal and external customers and insurers, developing efficient and effective solutions
- Promote and encourage cross-departmental relationships/team building
- Participate in the training of new hires within the team, as well as providing ongoing feedback to day coaching and mentorship for team members by acting as an exemplary role model
- To work with the team lead to action audit items to monitor the quality of work in order to ensure the department workflows and company procedures are understood and being followed by fellow team members
- Control Accounts Receivable within the department and attains department goals
- Attend management team meetings
- Attend industry functions on behalf of Magnes
- Ensure procedures and workflows avoid circumstances that could give rise to E & O claims
- Investigate and assist in the resolution of E & O claims, including debriefing of claims with those involved
- Oversee workload, procedures, and effectiveness of service team
- All other functions may be required for the efficient and smooth running of operations
- Adherence to department workflows
- Adherence to department service standards to clients, employees & vendors
Core Competency Standards:
- ACCURACY AND ATTENTION TO DETAIL – Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- COMMUNICATION – Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken and written word. Ability to actively attend to, convey, and understand the comments and questions of others.
- CONFIDENTIALITY – Ability to maintain strict confidentiality in accordance with Magnes privacy guidelines for client and employee information, as well as proprietary information.
- CUSTOMER ORIENTED – Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures.
- RELIABILITY – The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
- TEAMWORK – Ability to be part of a team and work cohesively to achieve goals.
- TIME MANAGEMENT – Ability to utilize the available time to organize and follow a systematic method of prioritizing tasks in order to complete work within given deadlines.
- PROFESSIONALISM – Represent MAGNES professionally both internally and externally at all times.
- INITIATIVE – Ability to make decisions or take actions to solve a problem or reach a goal.
- SELF-MOTIVATED – Ability to be internally inspired to perform a task to the best of one’s ability using their own drive or initiative.
- RESPONSIBLE – Ability to be held accountable or answerable for one’s conduct.
- RESPECT – Values the backgrounds, experiences, opinions, feelings, and the contribution of everyone in the course of delivering our services.
- INTEGRITY – Recognizes that building trust demands honesty. Displays a commitment to doing what we promise. Ability to be truthful and be seen as honest and credible in the workplace.
- INNOVATION – Constantly strives to improve both our culture and
Job Specific Competency Standards:
- ANALYTICAL SKILLS – Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- ASSERTIVENESS – Ability to act in a self-confident manner to facilitate the completion of a work assignment or to defend a position or idea.
- CHANGE MANAGEMENT – Ability to encourage others to seek opportunities for different and innovative approaches to addressing problems and opportunities.
- COACHING AND DEVELOPMENT – Ability to provide guidance and feedback to help others strengthen specific knowledge/skill areas.
- CONFLICT RESOLUTION – Ability to deal with others in an antagonistic situation.
- CONSENSUS BUILDING – Ability to bring about group solidarity to achieve a goal.
- DECISION MAKING – Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures.
- DELEGATING RESPONSIBILITY – Ability to allocate authority and/or task responsibility to appropriate people.
- EMPATHETIC – Ability to appreciate and be sensitive to the feelings of others.
- NEGOTIATION SKILLS – Ability to reach outcomes that gain the support and acceptance of all parties.
- PERSUASIVE – Ability to influence others to change position or to adopt a specific point of view.
- PROBLEM SOLVING – Detects potential problems at an early stage and seeks to solve them before they escalate. Uses analytical skills and creativity to solve problems. Knows when to ask for assistance or advice. Utilizes the available resources of the company.
- PRODUCT AND MARKET KNOWLEDGE – Understanding and awareness of products and services offered, not only by Magnes, but also by competitors. Takes the time to understand customer needs and is able to match products and services to those customer needs. Up to date on current industry changes.
- PROJECT MANAGEMENT – Ability to organize and direct a project to completion.
- RELATIONSHIP BUILDING – Ability to effectively build relationships with customers, suppliers, and co-workers.
- TEAM BUILDER – Ability to convince a group of people to work toward a goal.
- TECHNICAL APTITUDE – Ability to comprehend complex technical topics and specialized information.
- WORKING UNDER PRESSURE – Ability to be flexible and complete assigned tasks under stressful situations in a professional manner.
Skills & Qualifications
- Education – University degree preferred
- Languages – English is required and the ability to speak French would be considered an asset
- License & Certification – RIBO license required. CAIB, CIP & CRM would be considered an asset
- Industry Experience – Proven industry and managerial experience in Personal Lines. Brokerage experience would be an asset
- Computer Skills – Proficiency in EPIC, advanced MS Office & Excel skills
- Other Technical Skills – Working experience of Compuquote & Company Portals is a definite asset
- Salary Range Guideline
- Bonus Incentives
- Vacation Days
- Personal Days & Birthday
- Sick Days
- Education Reimbursement
- Group Benefits Plan
- Recruiting Referral Fees
- Registered Retirement Savings & Pension Pan
About The Magnes Group
The Magnes Group Inc is one of Canada’s leading independent insurance brokerages. Magnes has unique commercial insurance expertise in several industry niche markets, as well as private client insurance and corporate group benefits consulting. Magnes offers specialized services ranging from global insurance placement to innovative risk management strategies.
Magnes is licensed nationally across Canada with offices in Oakville, Toronto, Vancouver, and Montreal. Magnes is also proud to be a member of the exclusive Assurex Global Network. Our clients benefit from strategic international partnerships with the ability to “think globally and act locally”.
Magnes proudly employs some of the best insurance professionals in the business. Our team consists of a dynamic group of individuals, including some of the brightest minds in risk management. Our vision is to be a “magnetic” organization that naturally attracts and retains the very best-in-class of clients, suppliers, partners, and most importantly, our employees.