Home » About » Careers »
The Commercial Lines Service Manager will effectively perform the elevated supervisory responsibilities outlined below which provide leadership and support to their designated team.
- To promote the company’s core values & competencies through leading by example and displaying strong willingness & ability in your daily performance.
- To be the point person for the team in working with Senior Management and other operations units such as IT, Accounting, Human Resources, Claims, Employee Development & Training.
- To promote a team environment by cultivating effective communication, strong relationships, and periodic team meetings.
- To participate in the training of new hires within the team, as well as providing ongoing feedback, day-to-day coaching, and mentorship for team members by acting as an exemplary role model.
- To promote accountability for the quality of work and key performance goals within the team (i.e. service, retention & growth).
- To deliver an annual Performance Management Plan (PMP) to direct reports they are responsible for.
- To schedule check-in calls with set agenda with direct reports
- To train and implement career path objectives with direct reports
- To work with Management to coordinate and participate in Team meetings along with Management
- To Manage/Coach and report on MGA activity, upsell compliance and upsell results
- To manage Retention, ensuring renewal timelines are being met, encouraging joint meetings with AE/AM/AA teams for pre-renewals and mid-year review discussions
- To work with the TL Quality Control to action audit items in order to monitor the quality of work in order to ensure that department workflows and company procedures are understood and being complied with by fellow team members.
- To work with Management to ensure the workload within the team is appropriately balanced.
- To escalate employee concerns and performance issues within the team to Management or Human Resources, prior to any potential disciplinary action.
- To schedule and approve requests within the team for vacation & personal days, as well as maintain up-to-date records of attendance, including sick days, for year-end reconciliation.
- To assist Management & Human Resources with the process of employee recruitment, candidate interviews, and the selection of new team members.
- To assist Management in reviewing compensation for team members.
- To manage team-building expenses, as per an annual budget approved by Senior Management.
- Adherence to department workflows
- Adherence to department service standards to clients, employees & vendors
Core Competency Standards:
- ACCURACY AND ATTENTION TO DETAIL – Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- COMMUNICATION – Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken and written word. Ability to actively attend to, convey, and understand the comments and questions of others.
- CONFIDENTIALITY – Ability to maintain strict confidentiality in accordance with Magnes privacy guidelines for client and employee information, as well as proprietary information.
- CUSTOMER-ORIENTED – Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures.
- RELIABILITY – The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
- TEAMWORK – Ability to be part of a team and work cohesively to achieve goals.
- TIME MANAGEMENT – Ability to utilize the available time to organize and follow a systematic method of prioritizing tasks in order to complete work within given deadlines.
- PROFESSIONALISM – Represent MAGNES professionally both internally and externally at all times.
- INITIATIVE – Ability to make decisions or take actions to solve a problem or reach a goal.
- SELF-MOTIVATED – Ability to be internally inspired to perform a task to the best of one’s ability using their own drive or initiative.
- RESPONSIBLE – Ability to be held accountable or answerable for one’s conduct.
- RESPECT – Values the backgrounds, experiences, opinions, feelings, and the contribution of everyone in the course of delivering our services.
- INTEGRITY – Recognizes that building trust demands honesty. Displays a commitment to doing what we promise. Ability to be truthful and be seen as honest and credible in the workplace.
- INNOVATION – Constantly strives to improve both our culture and the value proposition to our customers by searching for better solutions, processes, and tools.
Job Specific Competency Standards:
- ANALYTICAL SKILLS – Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- ASSERTIVENESS – Ability to act in a self-confident manner to facilitate the completion of a work assignment or to defend a position or idea.
- CHANGE MANAGEMENT – Ability to encourage others to seek opportunities for different and innovative approaches to addressing problems and opportunities.
- COACHING AND DEVELOPMENT – Ability to provide guidance and feedback to help others strengthen specific knowledge/skill areas.
- CONFLICT RESOLUTION – Ability to deal with others in an antagonistic situation.
- CONSENSUS BUILDING – Ability to bring about group solidarity to achieve a goal.
- DECISION MAKING – Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures.
- DELEGATING RESPONSIBILITY – Ability to allocate authority and/or task responsibility to appropriate people.
- EMPATHETIC – Ability to appreciate and be sensitive to the feeling of others.
- NEGOTIATION SKILLS – Ability to reach outcomes that gain the support and acceptance of all parties.
- PERSUASIVE – Ability to influence others to change position or to adopt a specific point of view.
- PROBLEM-SOLVING – Detects potential problems at an early stage and seeks to solve them before they escalate. Uses analytical skills and creativity to solve problems. Knows when to ask for assistance or advice. Utilizes the available resources of the company.
- PRODUCT AND MARKET KNOWLEDGE – Understanding and awareness of products and services offered, not only by Magnes but also by competitors. Takes the time to understand customer needs and is able to match products and services to those customer needs. Up to date on current industry changes.
- RELATIONSHIP BUILDING – Ability to effectively build relationships with customers, suppliers, and co-workers.
- TEAM BUILDER – Ability to convince a group of people to work toward a goal.
- WORKING UNDER PRESSURE – Ability to be flexible and complete assigned tasks under stressful situations in a professional manner.
Skills & Qualifications
- Education – University degree preferred
- Languages – English is required and the ability to speak French would be considered an asset
- License & Certification – RIBO license required. CAIB, CIP & CRM would be considered an asset
- Industry Experience – Minimum ten years of industry experience
- Computer Skills – Proficiency in EPIC, advanced MS Office & Excel skills
- Other Technical Skills – Working experience of Compuquote & Company Portals is a definite asset
- Salary Range Guideline
- Bonus Incentives
- Vacation Days
- Personal Days & Birthday
- Sick Days
- Education Reimbursement
- Group Benefits Plan
- Recruiting Referral Fees
- Registered Retirement Savings & Pension Pan
About The Magnes Group
The Magnes Group Inc is one of Canada’s leading independent insurance brokerages. Magnes has unique commercial insurance expertise in several industry niche markets, as well as private client insurance and corporate group benefits consulting. Magnes offers specialized services ranging from global insurance placement to innovative risk management strategies.
Magnes is licensed nationally across Canada with offices in Oakville, Toronto, Vancouver, and Montreal. Magnes is also proud to be a member of the exclusive Assurex Global Network. Our clients benefit from strategic international partnerships with the ability to “think globally and act locally”.
Magnes proudly employs some of the best insurance professionals in the business. Our team consists of a dynamic group of individuals, including some of the brightest minds in risk management. Our vision is to be a “magnetic” organization that naturally attracts and retains the very best-in-class of clients, suppliers, partners, and most importantly, our employees.